Saturday, June 30, 2007

Why is it that as a mom my day never seems to go as planned? I planned on being home all day today and cleaning and relaxing with out having to drag 4 kids around with me. But then Sear's called and said our dehumidifier is done being repaired and now I have to go into Wilmington, yet again! I could wait until Monday to pick it up by my DH is chomping at the bit to get it back in the basement. Our basement is very damp and is starting to cause us insect problems. UGH!!! I just wanted to be at home. Oh well, such is life, I guess.

Our visit with Aunt Carrie and Nannie Pants was wonderful (as usual). The kids are so funny together. Nannie Pants always has a hard time falling asleep at night when she is visiting, but last night went a lot better (for Carrie at least). Because Uncle C (my DH) had the "daddy" talk with her. You know the guy with the deep voice and scary 6' 3" frame can make anyone go to bed...lol Nannie Pants loves to manipulate her mommy. Don't all 3 year olds?!??!? Princess Grumpiness and Nannie pants took a bath last night and I wish I had thought to snap a few "blackmail" pictures of them, for when they are older. LOL they were way to cute. The whole bathroom got soaked but it was worth it for them to have a good time. After their bath Nannie Pants came into the living room and declared "we have jammies and panties on!" as she was lifting her night gown to show us all. Nannie Pants informed us that she LOVES #1Son, LOVES HIM, LOVES HIM!! When Carrie asked her if she loves Princess Grumpiness her answer was "I LOVE PG but she is grumpy!!" She still has a hard time with BB. We all think she still doesn't like that he came in and stole her babyhood last summer. Jealousy is a wicked wicked thing you know. She still refuses to give him any love. And he loves her so much. I think she will grow out of it though.
Another funny conversation with Nannie Pants went something like this: "Aunt J why does the baby eat from your boobie?" "Well sweetie, when you are a mommy you get milk in you boobies to feed your baby. Your Mommy fed you like that too when you were a tiny baby." "Yeah I know" "So are you a milker feeder baby?" I said "well, yes something like that?" She was satisfied with that answer. It is so funny how kids word things. Later on she was telling my kids that their Mommy is a milker feeder baby.
Aunt Carrie and Nannie Pants just got home from vacation. They brought us some pictures when my kids saw the picture of Nannie Pants with Mickey Mouse, #1Son was excited and wanted to know when we would be going to see Mickey Mouse. I told him that Nannie Pants got to see Mickey because her Mommom and Poppop live right near Mickey. You should have seen how big his eyes got. He thought that was awesome to have Grandparents that lived near Disney. We are hoping to be able to take the kids to Disney in a year or so.

So, we had a great visit with them. It so nice to have these times with our family.

Speaking of family, my parents will be here soon! It has been almost a year since they seen the kids (in person). They will be here for the 4th of July. We will probably spend it down in Delaware with Carrie's family. I am so excited! I have missed my mom, dad, and sisters. My kids are going to love spending time with their Aunts. The girls are always so good with my kids. I am waiting to hear from Mom as to what day they will be arriving. They are visiting family in Michigan right now and then I think sometime in the next day or two they will be heading our way.

Anyway, this is the most blogging I have gotten done recently....I better run now.

Before I go though would you all pray for my friend Paula. Her MIL is suffering with cancer and has been given only days to live. Paula is devastated because her MIL lives with her and they are very close. So, please keep her in your prayers as she goes through this terrible time of loss in her family.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

So glad Princess Fairheart's surgery went well, and you got some good family time. Good to see you posting again! :-)