Sunday, June 10, 2007

Just another day in Paradise

It seems I have spent most of the day in my PJ's playing on the computer and refereeing my children. At some point I will have to get it together and go to the store. But I am procrastinating on that one.

I did finally get my house cleaned yesterday!!! Ok so the bathrooms are still on the list but that's not to bad for a days work. I wanted to post pics because it is so rare that the house looks good. But before I could get to taking a couple of pics my little one destroyed the living room again!! Oh well you will just have to trust me on this one:)



Hubby and I got to go out last night sans children. We did bring squeaky with us only because I am nursing and can not leave her yet. We went to dinner to celebrate our anniversary (it was last week). We went to a nice restaurant in town. It was recommended to us by our neighbor. The funny thing is I have seen this restaurant several times and would have never stopped in because it has a hot dog on the sign so I assumed it was a hot dog place. Well it sort of is but it is also has a great regular menu. We enjoy our grown up time together. Not having to rush through a meal because others need me was such a luxury.

OK gotta run for a awhile it's time to go to the store.....I will finish this when I get back home.

Well my trip to Walmart (which by the way is only 1/4 mile from my drive way) took 3 hours!!! Yes, I said 3 hours! I took Squeaky and #1Son with me. The shopping part only took me a little over an hour. The standing in line and getting rung up took the rest of the time. I was almost finished shopping when an announcement came over the speaker that said "if you have 20 items or less you can be checked out in jewelry or electronics. If you have groceries or produce to be weighed go to lawn and garden none of the front registers are working at this time." Well I was still shopping so I figured they would probably have the problem solved by the time I got in line. Well that did not happen. When I got in line it was backed up from Lawn and Garden all the way to the Pharmacy. As soon as there were 2 others in front of me and it was almost my turn they announced that we could go get in line at the front now. Well I did not want to race anyone to another line so I opted to stay put. When I got to my turn at the register it was broken! The scanner did not scan so they had to manually enter the bar codes for my stuff. Now if I had 20 items or less that would not have been a big deal but I had nearly $200 worth of stuff. So just as the gal was finishing up Squeaky woke up starving, I was starving #1Son was starving and tired. By the time I loaded the van, drove home, got Hubby to help unload, fed Squeaky, fed the other children, it was 9:30 and they still needed baths and bed. Tomorrow morning is going to be awful. We have to get up at 6am to take hubby to work. Come home get breakfast and clothes on. Drive to Wilmington (1 hour 20min) to go to Squeaky's 3 appointments. Hopefully my mother in law will remember and meet me up there or I am so screwed. Because I will have all 4 children at the hospital for most of the day. Squeaky has an appointment at 9, 10:30 and 1:30.
Ugh!! And I still need to feed myself and get every one's clothes out for the morning! Why am I sitting here blogging?!?!? Well it seemed sane when I started.....now I am thinking I got too much to do.
Oh well, if you read this say a prayer for me that I will have peace in my day tomorrow. I am off to gather clothing for my children and myself and then off to bed I need to go. Hopefully I will be rested in the morning.

No comments: