Monday, June 11, 2007

Maybe I will be able to write this post without interruption. The kids are tucked in bed. The baby is fed and Hubby is working in the garage.

Today was so busy. I got up at 5:20 am!! That is way to early for any sane person! But I had so much to do today that I knew I needed a few minutes this morning to get myself ready. So I got up started the coffee, folded some laundry, pack hubby's lunch, got snacks ready for the kids. Set, up the breakfast table, woke the children up and started our day. I was so glad that the kids woke up on the "happy" side of the bed. We took Daddy to work and then came home and ate breakfast and then headed to Children's hospital for Princess Fair Heart's appointments. I was so relieved to see my MIL in the waiting area. She is such a life saver!!! I would have never made it through my day today without her. The kids are always so glad to see Grammy. She makes everything so fun for them. And thank God that the weather cooperated so they were able to play on the playground while I was taking care of the appointments.

So, Princess Fair Heart had an ultra sound on her hip. It turns out she does have some problem with her hip but Dr. Jay wants to wait 3 weeks for another ultrasound before he decides what her treatment will be. We will just have to wait and see on that one. I am relieved that it is not serious enough right now to warrant any intervention. Goodness knows I have enough on my plate as it is. We had to go to the cast room and have a new cast put on today. She really did not like any part of that process. The saw scared her a lot. Then she was relieved to have the old cast off. They cleaned her leg and they we took her to get weighed. Her pediatrician was concerned about her weight since she is nursed and so I asked them to weigh her so I could report that back to the ped so he would relax about me nursing her. Anyway she weighs a whopping 9lbs 9oz!! That is with out the cast! She had her cast off for about 30-45min. So when Dr. Jay had to manipulate her foot she got really upset. She cried so hard that she was turning purple. I hate that part of the whole process. It is so odd to like a doctor so much who tortures your baby! Dr. Jay is great but I hate the my baby has to go through this. After we got a new cast on I had to go schedule her surgery. We are not 100% positive she will need the surgery yet but Dr. Jay wanted to make sure we had a date reserved. We will know for positive in 2 weeks. If she needs surgery it will be done on July 18th. After that I had to go get her paper work started for her special shoes. Apparently it will take our insurance company at least 2 months to approve this medically necessary device! How crazy is that? In a couple of weeks she will have molds made of her feet for these special shoes. She will have to wear the shoes and brace for 23 hours a day until she starts to crawl. Then she will get to wear them only at night. This will go on for no less than 12 months. After that we all went to lunch. The other kids were glad to get to go to McDonald's. My MIL and I got to catch up on things a little while the kids were eating. Then it was back to the hospital for BG's surgical consultation regarding her umbilical hernia. What a relief that appointment was!! No surgery is needed right now! We will go back in 6 months for a recheck. We have instructions on what to watch for. Barring any emergencies she will not need an operation until she is between 3 and 5 years old. But more than likely it will heal it's self before then. Thank God! So all in all we had all good reports today. I am so thankful for that.

We had a few errands to run so no one got a good nap. Naps in the car just don't cut it for my crew. So by the time we got home and had dinner, they were so tired all they were doing is torturing each other. So it was early bed time. And that is where I am headed as well. I still need a little rest during the daytime in order to make it to the news at 11pm....that's not happening tonight.

So good night all and I hope you all had blessed days as well.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Hopefully you are sleeping soundly after your busy day!

I'm so glad no surgery is needed for the hernia, and I'll be praying that the hip heals itself in time... no brace needed.

Sweet dreams!