Thursday, June 7, 2007

Life is like a roller coaster....

Some days I just don't know how I will get the strength to make it through each hour and then other days fly by in a blaze of glory and I wonder where did the day go. Today is a day like the latter, thanks goodness. God knows I really needed an easier day. Hubby surprised me today and took the whole day off. What a blessing, OK so there were moments when he got on my nerves, but all in all it was nice to spend the day with him. We all piled in our van and went to Allentown (70 miles) to a garden store he wanted to check out. It was a nice drive. The kids seemed to enjoy themselves and there was very little fighting or arguing. The long drive helped me to get out and clear my head. I need to just escape my house sometimes. And since I was not driving I got to just look out the window and think about what ever I wanted to. The drive up to Allentown is a very scenic country drive. It was funny on the way up there Wee wee was the only one awake and so she was chattering about whatever silly thing came to mind. One moment she was worried about Nemo getting sucked into a pipe. the next she was singing me her "booger booger" song, giggly contagiously at her grossness. It was so fun to listen to her talk about the things that she was thinking of. During one conversation she informed me that when she watched "Fox and the Hound" Chief broke his leg. She was upset about that because she said his master broke his leg. I think it has been months since she saw that movie. It is funny what will stick in her mind and come out on a long car ride. We all just had such a nice time being together.

*Rant coming up*
OK the only bad part about the trip was stopping for lunch. We stopped at Burger King. Wee wee had to go potty so I took her in and decided to order lunch to go. It took over 15 minutes just to place my order. Usually I have a lot of patience with people who work in fast food restaurants (mostly because I have been there) but today!!! OMG!!! The woman who took my order her name badge said "3 Years of Service". So how come it took her 15 minutes to ring up 3 kids meals with cheese burgers and Icees to drink, a whopper jr meal and a whopper with cheese no pickle!!! My gosh all they have to do is look at pictures! there is no reading involved! I thought I would scream before she got my order done. Then to top it off I get out to the car and some of our food was missing!! How hard is it people!! Seriously if she was a trainee I might not be so mad but according to her name badge she has 3 YEARS on this job!!! OK if you can not learn to take an order in 3 years time then maybe you should think about getting another job!

*OK Ranting done now*

OK sorry I just had to get that off my chest, I feel better now.

It is so hot here today! I just looked over and my 4 year old is wearing only a t-shirt and boxers. I asked him where his pants are he replied "I was hot in them" Maybe I need to turn on the air....no it will cool off in an hour or so and I will get too cold. Lately it is really hot in the daytime and really cool at night. I wish we had central air but this house only has window units so it is hard to regulate the temp. Another of our many reasons for looking for a different house to move into. But I will think about all of that tomorrow. Today I am just too tired.

OK I better stop writing before my few readers get so bored they fall asleep in their chairs.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Glad today went better. I would have been just as annoyed by the fast food chick. We had to READ buttons when I worked at McD's. No pictures on our old screens.

I love scenic country drives. I think that's why I don't mind driving to see hubby's grandma in WI. Oh, and yesterday we drve over to Smyrna, which is only 20 minutes, but the road we take to get to I-24 is a little more scenic. Baby Bear saw all the trees and kept saying ,"Barn"... even when there was no barn in sight. It was so cute.