Friday, June 22, 2007

I am so tired. This has been a rough couple of days for me. Yesterday BG's Dr called and wanted to change her surgery date from July 18th to this coming Wednesday!!! It was a blur talking to them and getting the appointments set up. This past monday she got a new cast and has been very unhappy since. I am starting to have concerns about the treatment she is getting. I have started to research the treatments that are availabel for clubbed feet. That is overwhelming. I out every 1000 babies is born with clubbed feet yet, there are very few doctors out there that know how to treat them. I thought the because we had a good referral from our pediatrician, that we would be getting the best treatment possible. I found out tonight, through a support group that I joined, that the Dr BG sees has a bad rep for actually making clubbed feet worse! Of course after reading through about 100 pages of complaints, I relized that really only 2 people ever posted anything bad about Dr. Jay. Maybe they just had a louder voice than anyone else. Anyway, I am trying to formulate a plan so that I can be sure she is getting the best treatment possible.
This is all so exhausting. I still have the other 3 children to take care of and it seems I am at the Dr's every other day with BG. I am starting to become really overwhelmed. DH is not that much help. He cannot understand why I am obsessing about this. I think my mom is getting a little tired of me talking about it too...maybe you all (my handful of readers) are tired of it too......or maybe I am just tired and rambling on and on because it is 1:30 am!
I have to decide before next Wednesday whether or not I am going to let this Dr Jay do surgery or not.
Please pray for me and BG (and the rest of my family) that we will find the direction we need and that I will make the right decisions for her long term health and well being.

I am tired so that is all I can manage to write tonight. I have a lot more to say but my typing is getting bad and my eyes are heavy....so good night all.

No comments: