Monday, July 2, 2007

My house is crazy tonight. My kids are playing some game they made up. The baby is protesting to being in her swing. My DH started on night shift (4pm-2:30am) today! I thought it would be quiet this evening and here I sit with all this chaos and count the minutes until I can put them to bed. Is that bad?
#1Son and Weewee are pretending to do karate on each other. A few minutes ago #1Son was being the "green goblin" from Spiderman. Now he is wearing a decorative pin of mine (from my days in a professional office). They raided my jewelry box. They are pretending the pin is a badge. A badge for what they won't say. BB is running around between the the swing where the baby is fussing and the couch where he is trying to now wrestle with the other two. Pulling his diaper off along the way. I am trying to ignore all this craziness so that I do not lose my mind.
I should be cleaning my house. My parents will be here tomorrow (I think). But here I am blogging again. I like blogging. I like to read the book I set aside last night as well. I am consumed by the new book I am reading. It is called Outlander by Dianna Gabaldon (sp?). Apparently it is a series of books (6 I think) I started out reading the final book A Breath of Snow and Ashes (not knowing it was part of a series) and had to put it aside to read the series from the beginning. Now I have yet another thing pulling at me to get done. OK OK so it is a fun thing an escape of sorts. I wish I could get to everything everyday.

OK I just had to put a stop to the madness. I thought if I sat here and typed and let them play that they might get it out of their system.....boy was I wrong. They just got louder and louder as if trying to compete to see who could make my head hurt the worst. Well, I yelled at them to stop! I mean seriously there is only so much unnecessary noise that one can endure a day. I usually reach that limit by 9 am but today I was feeling generous.

Why is that if you have an enormous playroom for your children to play in, stocked with a wide variety of toys and entertainment options, that your children will opt to be right under your feet until you want to have a break down?
If I send them to the playroom, they want to be outside. If I send them outside they want to be in the house. Am I missing something? Or is this just and evil plot to make me crazy. Don't get me wrong I love my kids more than life but come on........how crazy does it have to get?

Oh well I am determined to still have a good night with them. Maybe we will watch a movie together. Of course they can't have any snacks because they refused to eat all of their dinner tonight........Oh my...well I will try a movie but that will probably be a fight too......Oh well not too long and I can say my favorite words "Night night time guys" :)

3 comments:

gentlebreeze said...

You are so not alone!!!!!!!!!!!!! It get CRAZY here too!
funny how on some blogs they make it seem like that never happens. Do you think that's true that their kids are well behaved ALL the time?
I recently took the plunge and made up a schedule for me(tried that in the past but it failed for me)to help me get more cleaning etc done. Come check it out!

Unknown said...

Oh!!!! I am with you on that. Noise pollution from kids is the worst. They are incapable of doing anything quietly. I am happy to say that my neighbour gets just as wound up with her children as I do with mine. We comfort each other with large glasses of Merlot after our favourite words " Good Night ! " Snap !! S

Unknown said...

Where are you ??!! I miss you and hope you are ok. Come back soon !! Sarah x