Thursday, July 26, 2007

Despite the fact that I have felt crummy all day, due to some intestinal virus, it has been a good day. Today was the last day where I will have only my two youngest children at home. To tell the truth I have felt lost with out the other two. #1son is in Tennessee with my family and Weewee is with DH's family. Weewee got to go to the beach yesterday. I will skip the part about how I am terribly paranoid about my kids visiting the beach without me. She told me on the phone today the she liked the beach except the waves and sand part....hehehehe!
Bigoo and I have had a wonderful time bonding with just us and the baby. He is a lot to handle without his big brother and big sister to entertain him. While my parents were visiting my mom got him spoiled on taking a nightly walk around the neighborhood. Tonight was the first night I did not follow through with it. Only because I am feeling so bad. (see note above re intestinal virus) I love to take him on those walks it is so relaxing for him and it gives me a chance to clear my head as well. I am not sure how we will manage to keep it up when Weewee or #1son get home. It is hard enough to wrangle two babies (one in a stroller and one in a snuggly or sling). Weewee is just small enough that walking around the block proves to be a little too much for her short legs. I a have a double stroller but it is a little more than daunting to think of pushing two and carrying one. Oh well, that is a challenge for another day.
I will be posting some pictures to the children's blog soon. We got to take so many while my family was visiting. And then the last night they were here DH's Grandmother flew in from California. She has never met any of her great grandchildren so it was a special treat. Thank God #1son had not yet left for TN. I would have been so heart broken. Also DH's Aunt came in from Louisiana with her daughter and grand daughter. SO we had a great time.


Last Saturday was DH's birthday. He turned 35 this year. I think it is kind of messing with his head a little. He thinks he is old. We got to go out and celebrate with his cousin (my bestest friend here) her husband, her brother, his girlfriend and another friend. It was so much fun to go out and just be grown ups. I forgot how much fun it used to be before we had kids. Thank goodness for his mom playing babysitter to all our kids. I have to say my MIL is the greatest when it comes to stuff like that. She always gives us the opportunity to get out. Maybe it is because she knows if I lose my mind with all these kids she is stuck with them and her son!!! Oh what an awful thought that must be.....: )


So, I have calmed down now and the baby is nursing much better again. I think I may have panicked a little. It is just that I set my mind to nursing her for longer than I did the other 3. Mostly because I always regretted weaning each of them. So I want to nurse her for at least 6 months. 4 Months is the longest I have ever lasted. Each time I have nursed a baby I start out all excited but then I get to the point where no one is supporting me and I give it up. So this time I set myself up with support and now all I have to rely on is that I have milk and the baby wants it.
So far so good....with only this one minor bump in the road.

In case anyone is wondering Princess Fairheart is now in her special shoes!!!! We got them three weeks ago this coming Monday. We only needed on minor adjustment made to them and so far no more problems. IT has been awkward to nurse with this bar that turns her legs into an A frame when she lies on her side. But I just snap the bar off during our nursing time. We are still co-sleeping but the last few nights have been tough. My hips are a little bruised from her kicking her legs. She slept half the night 2 nights ago in her own bed (right next to mine) because I needed some rest and could not get it due to her kicking me with those awful shoes. Her surgery seems to have gone well but her stitches have still not desolved...hmmm...I need to remember to ask to doc on Monday about that. Bigoo likes to grab her bar when she is in the swing and pull her to make her go faster.....he is a little turd that I can not take my eyes off for one moment.

So, there you all go that is my little update. I am back to the world of blogging and my how I have missed it.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I could never sleep trying to co-sleep. I was soo scared I would roll over on her. When we had a king sized bed in the motel last weekend and she fell asleep next to me, I thought, "so this is what it's like to have room to co-sleep!"

She has always thought it was playtime in our bed, and slept better in her own crib.

FarmWife said...

Bitsy & I are co-sleeping too. We did it with BabyGirl but I felt so bad about it (we got a lot of grief over it) that I didn't do it with the boys. It's so much easier for me especially since Bitys's nursing...now that we're old hat at parenting I'm more comfortable making my own decisions.

I hope you can get back into your routine soon & am gald you've enjoyed the down time with only two little ones at home.