Wednesday, August 8, 2007

My accomplishment for today

Today I have been trying to think of ways to be thrifty and possibly make some extra money. This is a common theme in my thoughts everyday. I went to the store yesterday and I could not make my self pay $7.99 for the refill pack for baby wipes! I just think that is a little over the top as far as pricing goes. So I decided I would just make the trip to the Dollar Tree today to see if they had any wipes that would do for my two littlest ones. Sometime in these thoughts a conversation from over 10 years ago replayed itself in my brain. Funny how that kind of recall works but half the time I can't remember how to spell my own name or which of my children I am trying to speak to. Any way I digress. So, this conversation was with a friend in college who had recently become a mommy. She was telling me how to make my own baby wipes. I remember thinking at the time I will NEVER be that thrifty! Never I will always buy everything I need pre-made. Well, my my how things have changed since having children! I not only entertained the idea of making my own wipes but I actually did it!!! Wow! Yeah me!! This is one of those moments where you go, hmm I really am a mom now. I will let you all know how it goes. I am hoping this works because it only cost me maybe $2.00 for 230 wipes as opposed to at least $5.00 for that many wipes.
OK now onto the money making idea. I am not sure I want to share all of it just yet. I still have to research and work through a few things in my own head. But I have the budding of a possible home based business in my head. I really need to come up with something. It is not like I can get a job outside our home right now. With all the kids it would actually cost us more (in child care) than I could bring home every week. So more on this idea of mine later.

Now about our upcoming move. Which by the way I should be packing...but you all already know how lazy and procrastinating I am. Here is our plan so far. We are moving out of the house that we currently live in. And into DH's mom's house. For three months. At the end of three months he will either be at the job in Delaware or we will be heading back to TN. Not very concrete by any means but it is the best I have to work with right now. DH cannot in good conscience take a job in TN that pays half of what he makes here. The job that is available in DE pays more than his salary here in PA and the benefits are way better. We defiantly agree that we want to move back home with in the next year. We just want to make sure that when we do things are in place so that we will not struggle so much. Let's pray that things work out to get back to TN before #1Son starts kindergarten next year. If not then I will seriously have to rethink moving him after he starts school. So bear with me while I work through this agonizing decision process with my DH. He changes his mind sometimes more that most people change their underpants:)

1 comment:

Jenster said...

I remember making wipes for my kids (now 12 and 15).

Good luck with the home based business.

And good luck with the move. I will tell you, I never thought we would move once my kids started school. We ended up moving when my son was going into 9th grade. He was so upset about it and so were we. But we did what we had to do and it turned out to be the best thing for him. He loves his new life and, given the choice, would rather stay here.

So all that is to say that kids are so resilient. Even if you were to move after your son had started school it would be fine. I promise.