Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I am tired

Ok so this move did not go off quite as planned. THe goodnews is it still (so far) has cost us less than we (I) were thinking. I got a free moving van from the storage place that we are renting space in. That was awesome.! Till I got home and figures out that it was way to small to hold all our stuff. And we only had the use of it from 9am to 4pm! You would think this fact alone would have motivated DH to get a move on it...right? Wrong! He took his time bringing our friend Mike up to help us move. They did not get back to the house until almost noon. Finally around 1 we started loading the truck and at 3:30 we were on our way back to the storage place. We arrive an hour and a half late with the truck and penalized $25 for being late. We like to have had a stroke unloading the truck into the unit the heat and humidity were so bad. Then we were headed to eat and go back to the house to bring the rest of our earthly belongings by truck loads to the house and storage unit. Today is Tuesday and we have at least 4 more trips to make! I am so exhausted. The kids are tired of being babysat by Grammy. I need sleep in the worst way....But on the bright side we are alive and well! So that is my little update on the fly...gotta run and get ready to take SIL to work so I can use MIL's truck!

ttla

5 comments:

FarmWife said...

I pray everything smooths out for you tomorrow...and that you get some rest soon.

Jenster said...

Oh, Monday was so hot!! I'm glad the move is coming to an end and you didn't have to spend as much money as you originally thought. That's always a good thing!

Mommy to 4 little people said...

Thanks guys..yes things are a little calmer! Thank goodness. We are still tying up all the lose ends but should be done on Thursday...I hope anyway;)

Sarah @ Ordinary Days said...

Oh my gosh. I feel for ya! Moving is the worst. Hope you get everything moved quickly and easily and that you get a much deserved nap!

Unknown said...

Poor you! I hope things are going a bit better now. S