Thursday, August 9, 2007

Letter to Lucy

I was going to post this on the kid's blog but I decided to post it here instead. This evening Wee wee walk up beside me while I was chatting with my mom on the phone, and had the following conversation with me.

Weewee: Mommy I want to put this outside (folded piece of paper with crayon scribbles on it).
Me: Why do you want to put that outside?
Weewee: I want to put this outside where Lucy is.
Me: Sweety Lucy is not outside. Remember she went to heaven to be with Jesus.
Weewee: I know that mom! But I want to put this outside so God can reach down and give it to Lucy for me.
Me: Well what is it?
Weewee: It's a letter for Lucy
Me: Can you read it to me?
Weewee: Weeellllll it saysssssss there is a place for her paw print right here. And it says Dear Lucy I miss you soooooooooo much!
Me: So you want to put it outside?
Weewee: YESSSSS! So God can reach down and get it and give it to Lucy!
Me: OK baby we will put it out there.

OK this was the cutest conversation I have had with my daughter since her cat died last week. I think maybe she has watched "All Dogs Go To Heaven" a few too many times. We bought the movie yesterday and she has watched it 5 times already. But at least now she is coping with the loss instead of just crying for her cat to come back.
So we went outside and placed her letter on the porch for God to "reach down and get it"
How precious is the faith of a child!

No comments: