Thursday, February 21, 2008

When did this happen?


I totally stole this from Farmwife. How could I pass this one up?!?! I have seen these stickers on cars all over the place. I love love love them. I have even looked everywhere (OK not everywhere obviously I forgot to look online) for them. Silly me. So, I of course went to the site and played with different designs. What else is a girl to do, when procrastinating against her real responsibilities? I made up a really cute sticker (much like the one here) and showed it to DH. Who fell in love and said we had to have one for my car. He did not even blink at the price. I however, being the frugal Mommy, had to think about it for about 2 hours before I actually placed the order! I am so excited that I did. When did this happen that a sticker could rock my world? I mean seriously! It doesn't take much anymore I guess. I feel like it's Christmas or my birthday. I am eagerly anticipating the arrival (in 7-10 business days) of my package! If you want to check it out click here.
I posted the other day about A Look into my heart and I just wanted to share a couple of things that happened after that. I received an email from a dear friend of mine (who I am pretty sure does not read this blog). It was such a beautiful story about the importance of time. I would post it here but it is really long. And I have plagiarised enough for tonite. Anyway one of my deeper wishes is to know that my life matters to someone or for something. I just really wanted to know. I have no idea why I wrote that at the moment I did. But at that moment I wanted to feel like I had made a difference to someone. The next morning I woke up and checked my email and there as plain as day was a message that (in a nut shell) told me that I had made a difference to someone. I know these kind of messages go around (a lot) but the wording in this one was too close to what I had wished for. Weird huh? It gets better... that afternoon my MIL showed up out of the blue. She never does that. She just decided to stop by and see us. She was in the best mood I had ever seen her in. We had a lovely visit. During her visit she offered me new (to me) bedroom furniture. Actually it is my DH's Grandfather's set and it is very nice and high quality. She just thought I might like to have a nice bedroom set that matches! That was part of another wish I had. She also does not read this blog! How weird is that??? OK just one more. I also wished for a magic wand to organize my home. No, I did not get the wand but I was given the (financial) ability to purchase some organization things I needed. I also got to buy curtains. Now, I know you are thinking curtains?? Who doesn't have curtains?? Well, I have never lived anywhere that I needed to buy curtains for. There have always been some kind of window treatments (pre-existing) where ever we have lived. I am not a stylist, designer, or even very domestic. So I always leave up the plain blinds and go with that. It does the job. But in the past couple of years I have had the desire to create a warm and inviting home. Not an easy feat without curtains. So, when we moved into this house and there were no, none, nada window treatments. No blinds. No shades, No hardware to hang curtains. You get the picture. I decided to start domesticating our home. I know nothing about this so, we spent the first two weeks in our new home with sheets tacked to the windows. Yesterday, when I could not take it any longer I broke down and went out and bought curtains, shades, curtains rods, and hardware to install it all. I stayed up until 1:30am installing all this stuff. But I got the basics done. Hmmm....I think I have uncovered a hidden talent. I love this. I want to learn to sew, have you seen the price of curtains?!?! Again, when did this change in me take place? If you would have told me 10 years ago that any of this domestication was going to happen I would have laughed so hard I'd have fallen over. But here I am 31 (almost 32) years old and I am turning into my mother. Well, sort of. Anyway, I liked picking out the curtains and putting them up. DH better watch out I think I just learned how to spend his money on something other than diapers and formula.

No comments: