Friday, February 15, 2008

A look into my heart

Last night after I posted on my own blog, I decided to catch up on all my favorite blogs. Some of them have been neglected for WAY too long! It was so wonderful and relaxing to read about all the things going on in everyone's lives. Thank you all so much for sharing your personal lives with the rest of us. Being a part of this blogging community too me is like going out for a great cup of coffee with an old friend. That is exactly how I felt last night as I read all of your stories. I laughed, I cried, I felt connected to a wonderful group of ladies! It is amazing what that does for my soul!
While I was "visiting" with Farmwife I came acrossed her post, Give me a wish to build a dream on, I was so touched by this post. I usually am when I read Farmwife's blog. I swear sometimes I think we must be leading parrallel lives about 1000 miles apart. Maybe it is because we are the same age, grew up in the same area, and have the same number of children. I don't really know but I absolutely love to read her blog. If you have not checked it out the please do, it is so worth it. In light of the fact that I would have choosen almost identical answers as she did, I waited a day to decided to post. Now that my head is clear and I do not feel like I would be "copying her" (as my kids too often say) Here's my go at it.

So, here's the deal: post 5 material wishes & 5 spiritual/deeper wishes. And so with a little fore thought, here we go:

5 Material Wishes:

1. Either a magic wand to organize my whole house, family and life. Or a gift certificate to go crazy shopping for all the organizers I could ever need. Starting with the playroom (of course). Someone could always nominate me for one of those makeover shows or something.

2. I would love to have a stylist help me pick out a whole new wardrobe. I have never been a very fashionable person but lately I am just WAY too frumpy! Again, a makeover show would work ;)

3. Matching furniture in my whole house. I mean each room having a theme of some kind. Right now we have an array of hand me down furniture, so nothing matches.

4. An all expense paid vacation to either Ireland or Italy.

5. A new set of cookware


5 spiritual/ Deeper Wishes

1. If I could have a closer relationship with my DH. We are good together but lately life gets in the way. We hardly ever get any time to just be together. I miss dating. I want that back.

2. If I could learn to be kinder in my words and have a more patient spirit. I think that would ultimately make me a better mother and wife. And if I was not such a procratinator, I might be better at those things as well. Really need to work on my laziness, maybe I'll start that tomorrow.

3. Of course I would like to have a closer walk with God. Seems like again life has gotten in the way. And my faith is nowhere near what it used to be. I want that back.

4. I want my family to be healthy, happy and well taken care of. I want my friends to have good health and love and happiness as well.

5. I want to feel like my life makes a difference to someone. I want to know that in the end it will all matter to someone or for something.

So there you have it, the good, the bad and the ugly. For what it is worth you just a got a peak into my heart.

Play along if you like. Comment me to let me know to check your blog for the answers.

Until next time...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello, lovely girl ! I like your wishes. What an excellent idea - I think I may steal it from you some time. I hope you are ok - I think about you even though life is so busy at the moment. Take care. Sarah x