Saturday, February 2, 2008

Potty Training: stories from the trenches...

Potty training is every Mom's dream and night mare rolled into one giant step for our children. You would think since I am on the third child that has had to go through this stage that maybe just maybe I would be some sort of guru by now. Not true I feel as lost at moments as I did the first time. But with this child Halleluhia! he really wants to learn. BB is my little pleaser. And He hates "diapies" so every morning for the past week wakes up and asks to go "peepee in da potty pease". And then he ACTUALLY does it! Then he refuses to were a diaper "I dunno want it diapie, want pannies undies pease!!!!" So far we might be trained in record time. It took #1 son until he was 3 to learn and it took till he was 4 to sleep through the night and stay dry. Princess Grumpiness was 3 years 2 months when she finally (after an entire year and Mommy's mental breakdown) decided that she maybe could use the potty instead of here pull-up. Yet at 4 years 1 month she is still not trained through the night. We recently went back tp pull-ups at night because I just don't have it in me to wash blankets, sheets, pillows and stuffed babies EVERY single day of my life! So back in pull-ups we go. That takes our bi-weekly diaper box count up to 3 boxes. So you can see why I really want someone to get out of diapers. I determined that I would not use pull-ups this time (except at night). And low and behold it is working!! This is the fastest I have EVER seen results. Maybe it is because my child initiated this potty training regamine. Maybe it is because he is picking things up a lot quicker than his older brother and sister. I don't know why but I am not going to question it. At this rate we may be diaper free in less than a month!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

yay!!!! Hannah hasn't pooped in her pants in a month or so, but pee is another matter. We haven't used pull-ups yet... diapers at night and when we're out of the house, at home she's in undies or training pants. I'd rather clean pee than poop any day, though. Especially with my current sense of smell.