Thursday, May 31, 2007

Today was such a great day. I did not get through my whole to do list. But then I never do. But I got to play at the park with my kids! It was such a hot and sunny day. The city had the water fountains on for the kids to play in at the park. My kids were so thrilled! They have never played in the fountains before. They ran around got soaked and laughed so much. Even Biggoo got pretty close to the water. He was not too sure what to think. He was way more interested in playing on the playground equipment. He did his little "hep meeee" routine again when we started to leave. This was our first outing where no one asked me if all my kids were mine. And no one commented on how busy I must be. Word must have gotten out about how much I dislike that. Or maybe I just looked more like I knew what I was doing.......nah.....that couldn't be it.
Daddy came home from work early and surprised us with a trip to Dairy Queen!! His favorite place in the world. the kids were so excited! #1Son and Wee wee both wanted to order a banana split. But since this was way too much ice cream for a 4 year old and a 3 year old, the lady who works there made one banana split in two containers so they each thought they were getting their very own banana split. They were so excited and I did not have to pay for ice cream they would not eat...everybody came out a winner. Biggoo was too funny he kept going between his daddy's blizzard and my cone and then getting bites from #1Son's ice cream. He was running around crazy...all hyped up on sugar. Good thing it was early and he had plenty of time to run around before dinner.
After our family date (that's what #1 Son calls it when we all go somewhere together). Daddy kept the older kids while I got to go to Walmart all by myself!! Well of course I had Squeaky with me. But she slept the whole time. I actually got to look at things I wanted to with out anyone asking me for a toy or to go potty or any other annoying thing. Oh how I needed that little break. It helped so much that I came home and did not mind cooking dinner. Even though hubby did mention that he wanted to take me out for our anniversary. Maybe we can do that tomorrow. But on the whole it was a great day. Sunshine does me a world of good.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh, that sounds like so much fun!!!!!!

FarmWife said...

Husband took my kids to the park while I Wal-Marted today. that rocks!!! A trip with no fights, no potty breaks (except my own), and no screaming. It's better than a spa day...but then I've never had a spa day, so I'm just speculating.