Thursday, May 31, 2007

Good morning...

Today so far is a beautiful day! Yesterday was so busy! In the latter days of my pregnancy we got used to not going anywhere. It was just too hard to get everyone loaded up and on our way. So we stayed home unless absolutely necessary. But since Squeaky is here now and I am feeling so much better I find that we are on the go a lot more. I am so thankful today for my husband who picked up the slack for so many things when I was pregnant. Happy anniversary darling!! Yep, to day is our anniversary! It seems like we have always been building this life together. I can not imagine being anywhere but here with him!
OK that is enough sappiness for me...
So, we will be off and running today... I had hoped to stay home and clean today, but lets be honest how much cleaning would I really get done? It is much more fun to go shopping. That's what I did yesterday. Had to get hubby's father's day present, this is the first time ever that I am prepared early. Also several folks in our family had to get new shoes yesterday. That was fun! I was so glad the store was empty except for us and the sales lady. Biggoo kept running away from me, until I set him on one of those benches that you sit on to try on your shoes. Then he just sat there and said "Hep meeeee hep meeeee pleeease pleeeease!!!!! Until I could no longer stand it and decided to let him run around. He also did the whole help me routine all the way through Walmart!! Most people thought it was cute a couple of people looked at me like I was crazy! I get that a lot now. What is up with that!?!? I mean hasn't anyone EVER seen a lady who has 4 kids before??? If I had a nickle for evey time someone says "It looks like you have your hands full" or "My you are a busy mom", I would not have to worry about the bills that's for sure!! It happens so much that I think I was kind of rude to a guy at Burger King yesterday. He was there eating with his one child and I noticed he was watching me. Then he did it. He made the "hands full" comment. And so I said "Yep, I sure do and if I have a nickle for every time someone said that too me I would be a wealthy women!" I did not really mean to sound so harsh it was just that I had heard it so many times and it hit me wrong. He was a good sport about ti though he laughed and said he guessed a lot people must notice us, because it seems rare to see big families these days. He said he admired me for how well behaved they all are. So it turned out pleasant but I felt bad for using such sarcasm. Oh well, I guess I will just have to get used to that since I can not hide the fact that we have 4 little ones.
OK so that rant is over....sorry had to get that out.
One more thing then I HAVE to get my day started...So, my brother is freaking out on me. He thinks I am crazy because I posted pics of my kids on my myspace account. Now let me say this before anyone gets upset, my Myspace account is set to private so only people I authorize can see my profile and pics. And everyone on my myspace is someone I know actually I have one virtual friend on there but she is not a threat!!!! But my brother is convince that I am putting my kids in danger by having their pics on there. Now, he has my mom on the band wagon. So I got the big lecture last night. About how pretty my daughter is and how there are predators out there etc... So, now I am wondering am I doing the right thing. Again I think it is totally safe because my profile is private!! Oooh how I hate self doubt!! OK so now I am wondering should I pull the pics off the web? and if so then how will all my friends get to see pics of my kids....unless I email them all the time. Anyway, this is my worry to ponder on today.

5 comments:

zann said...

Okay here's my thing with the internet pics. Is your brother "Friended" on myspace so that he can see them? If so then try "unfriending" him breifly and challenge him to find the pictures. Or get a friend from here who is not friended on myspace to go look for them. If he or they are unable to find the pictures without being in your "private" group, then don't worry about it because chances are that means that any preditor would be unable as well. If he is still able to locate them. Then remove them.

Lauren said...

Jackie, I'm with you on the whole picture posting thing. I'm married to an ex cop and he lets me post pics of our daughter. I don't give our address. I don't give our last name, and I have her blog set to private so that it can't be found randomly on blogger... her blog is not on my profile. Oh, I do put pics on my personal blog too. I must be terribly naive.

(sigh)


Perhaps I am naive, but

Lauren said...

I don't think what you said was rude. It makes a very good point.

You know, I now know 5 people our age who have 4 kids.... well, 4 plus Farm Wife. Remember that when you feel alone... I think that's a pretty good number, I mean if I know that many, than how many more are out there? It's not like I know a whole lot of people.

FarmWife said...

Happy Anniversary!

My hubby won't allow pics of the kids on my blog (no faces anyway), so I stick with back shots. I'm a sucker for pictures taken from the back anyway.

If your My Space is private, I don't see the harm, but I also understand their worry. There are some sick-o's out there.

Mommy to 4 little people said...

great idea zann...i might just do that. of course he will still swear that it is a bad idea...oh well...