Saturday, May 26, 2007

Funny days....

Ok if you have kids you know every once in a while they do something so funny that you bust out laughing. Two nights ago my 16 month old son was standing near the new baby's bouncy seat. WHen I went to pick her up he immeadiately looked inside her seat and found something to put in his mouth and chew on. I was so busy trying to change her diaper and get her started eating that I barely noticed what he did. When I opened her onsie I noticed her umbillical cord stump had fallen off. I looked in her diaper no stump, I looked in her shirt no stump...then the light bulb went off. I called Baby Boy over to me, checked his mouth and there it was a oooey gooey well chew stump!!!!! He apparently saw it and though it must be something good to eat. But then continued to chew it for a couple of minutes till I took it. It must not have tasted too bad he was pretty upset when I took it from him! This will definately be one of those embarrassing stories to tell when he is older.
My oldest daughter (we call her wee wee, short for sweetie) is three and half. She is so funny. She talks to all kinds of inanimate objects. Not the normal talking to her dollies and stuff, I mean she talks to blankets, clothing, toys.....basically anything. If she tries to cover herself up with her blankie and it is not straighten out she will get frustrated and start telling her blankie to "stop it, ooh stop doing that..." When I come to see what is wrong, she gets all upset and tells me that her blankie won't listen it "keeps going all wiggly". The funniest one she said recently was when she had her panties on backwards. She started to cry and when I asked her why she was crying she said "because they keep following me" I asked "who keeps following you?" Her reply: "the princesses" The picture of the princesses was on the back of her panties instead of the front and she couldn't figure out how to change it.
I think the funniest thing that #1 Son has ever said to me would have to be the day he walked into my room, while I was still pregnant with Baby girl, and he asked me what was wrong. I told him I was not feeling good because of the baby in my belly. He said "Mommy, I think we have too many babies." I told him not worry that after baby girl was born we would not have anymore babies, she would be our last one. He replied " Is that because Daddy got his penie cut?" I was shocked and a little confused about how to reply. I was not sure he knew what that meant and then again I was not sure he did not know what it meant. I asked him "what do you mean?" He answered in his most matter of fact way: "YOU KNOW..because Daddy had an opperation like Lucy(our cat) and they cut his penie!" I said "yes, baby that is why we won't have anymore babies." He was satisfied by that answer and started to walk away. As he got to the end of my bed he turned around and looked at me and said "Well, I hope it works for you!" I almost died laughing!!!!
To be a mother you must have a sense of humor. It is not optional. If you can not laugh at life then you will be very sad.
So enjoy your children everyday.....find the laughter....it is truly heaven sent!

1 comment:

FarmWife said...

Oh my goodness! Girl, that is too funny!!! Now I'll have to watch B.B. like a hawk to be sure he doesn't try to eat Bitsy's umbilical stump...& I love the Penie story!