Monday, March 10, 2008

On Friday I turned yet another year older. I had all these great plans for my birthday. DH was going to take me out, yes just me and him, you know a REAL date! We planned on dinner, a movie and possibly a little birthday shopping. Yea!! I mean we NEVER get to go out with no children. I woke up Friday to my DH's darling cousin standing beside my bed with the most beautiful boquet of flowers (yellow and red mini roses...my favorite) and a card. I was so surprised!! And felt so special! DH told me to get dressed he was taking me to lunch. Another surprise since our plans were for Saturday! So I got ready left our kids with our new live in babysitter (more on that one later) and left for lunch and a little shopping. There was this nagging feeling of illness but I just kep thinking it was because I skipped breakfast. Lunch was great. We went to our favorite little dive. They have great food at really affordable prices and the atmosphere is great. By the time we finished lunch and walked across the parking lot to a little boutique I wanted to check out I was not feeling well at all. After glancing around the boutique I decided we needed to go home. Things were going south fast! I started to fall asleep in the car. That never happens. Of course I was totally racking my brain trying to think of any explaination that would make me not sick! I mean come on itis my birthday! I don't want to be sick on my birthday. We got home and I totally changed into sweats made sure the babies were fed and down for a nap and crawled into my pillowy soft bed. DH had not even gotten ready for work or anything. NOrmally I see him off and then decided whether a nap is in order or not. I fell asleep, you know the kind of coma llike sleep that makes you feel like you have not slept in a week straight? I did not wake up until 5pm! That is five striaght hours of completely uninterupted sleep! How that happened I am not even sure. As soon as I opened my eyes I knew how sick I was! My whole entire body hurt. And I was shivering cold despite the fact that I was wearing sweat pants, t-shirt and thick socks, not to mention the quilts on the bed. Can anyone say fever?!?! Thank God, Silly Girl, (Daddy's cousin) was here to help. I was completely out of it for 24 hours and then even today I am still feeling weak and queazy. I have no idea what this Death bug was but it was aweful. DH now has it and my kids are showing a few symptoms! I rang in my 32nd year in style! Hopefully this is no an omen of how the rest of the year will go?!?!

No comments: