Monday, September 10, 2007

I arrived back in Tennessee late Saturday night. Well actually we crossed into TN around 6 pm but did not arrive at my parents home until around midnight. Poor Weewee was so confused as to why it was still so far away if we were in TN. The drive down was actually not too bad. Considering I had three of my children all under 4. The baby did really great. She hardly fussed at all. Weewee and Bigoo did not fight at all and they enjoyed our frequent stops at rest areas to run around and play. I felt it was important for all of our sanity to stop and stretch our legs every couple of hours. It seems like that worked because we had a mostly pleasant trip.
I feel so much better just being back in the south. As I crossed into TN I discovered that it was opening night a Neyland Stadium and I was able to hear the VOLS play (and win) their first home game of the season!!! I got to eat Chick-fil-A and order a real sweet tea, for my first meal at home! :) For those unfamiliar with these things I will just say there is nothing like being back at home!

As for me and DH well things are going to be OK I am sure! I think sometimes for us we just need a few minutes to step back realize what we have so we can appreciate each other. There is no divorce on our horizon! Things are still hard for us. Mostly it is just the stress of knowing we have these 4 little people who rely on us for everything and right now we are just not sure how we will make it all work. Being faced with the loss of our only income has been almost too much to handle for both of us.
I know things are going to be OK.

So I am off to spend the afternoon with my Mom, sans children! Wooohooo!!! Whatever will I be able to do?!?!?!

3 comments:

FarmWife said...

I'm glad things are looking brighter in your life. I totally understand the Chick-fil-a thing...I'd give my eye teeth for some JJ's BBQ right now! Enjoy your time at home and your day out with your mom! I'd love to do that right now...you're making me homesick! :)

Lauren said...

We have to get together while you are home! If I can just get rid of this atrocious hack. I'm not really able to talk at the moment.

Mommy to 4 little people said...

Farmwife...I didn't know how home sick I was until I got back to TN

Wandering heart...definately email me and we will try to do something. I would love to see you and Bear :)